The Barn

The Barn

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

this or that

I have finished all of the laundry and put it away and mopped the floors and cleaned the windows like I do every Tuesday. I will be on the computer for 15 minutes while I eat an apple and then Lucky and I will get out the craft supplies and work on our popsicle cabin.

or

I put a load of laundry in the washer, folded the clothes from the dryer and left them on top of the washer, spot cleaned the bathroom floor with a clorox wipe and now I'm sitting here with a bag of fritos while Lucky watches t.v.




After I bake some gluten-free chocolate chip cookies I will go pick up the boys from school. They will chatter happily about their day and share the organic fruit snacks that they have leftover from lunch. Zach will give Tate all of the blue ones because he knows how much he loves them, and Tate will give Zach all the red ones in return.

or

I will rush a crying Lucky out the door at the last second yelling "we are going to be late!" Zach and Tate will push and shove each other into the van yelling "I CALLED THAT SEAT!" Zach will pull out some treat that he got at school and eat it loudly while Tate watches and whines that he "WANTS SOME OF THAT!" and  " ZACH...STOP CHEWING WITH YOUR MOUTH OPEN!" I will say as if it's the first time I've said it "GUYS! KNOCK IT OFF! I look forward to seeing you guys after school and then you get in the van and make everyone miserable!" If I have the energy I will add a threat. It would be something like this "If you guys are going to make me miserable I'll make you miserable! You might as well fight and cry while YOU ARE PAINTING THE SHED!"




I will enjoy the quiet, neat and clean house when it is empty.

or

I will be more miserable in the quiet, neat and clean house than I ever was in a loud crumb filled mini-van.

1 comment: