I have a huge plastic bin of vitamins in my store room. I think I have a vitamin for every letter of the alphabet…from Vitamin A all the way to Zinc.
I have Celiac Disease, which causes me to have bouts of severe fatigue and I am constantly looking for a new exercise, a new health food or a new miracle vitamin to restore energy. I get lots of suggestions from family and friends and if I find something that seems to help, I am quick to recommend it to someone else.
I am not afraid to suggest to people that they:
Stop eating gluten!
Stop eating sugar!
Make your own yogurt!
Try yoga!
Take Melatonin, you will sleep better!
It never offends anyone when I tell them that I feel better, happier or more energetic because of some new supplement. I wonder why I am afraid that they might be offended, however, if I were to say:
Try praying!
I think there is often a misinterpretation of Christian’s intentions. If people realized that Christians want to share their faith, not as a judgment of non-believers, but just because it has worked so well in their own lives, maybe it would be accepted as easily as a vitamin recommendation.
Maybe I just need to add something to my advice.
Eat healthy, it works for me!
Exercise, it works for me!
Pray, it works for me!
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Great post, Sue! I could not agree more. Maybe we can just pray our celiac away.
ReplyDeleteSue, I just found your blog! I love to read your insights and yes I love to hear all of your health advice as well. Such a great twist in this post.
ReplyDeleteAmy J