The Barn

The Barn

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

We always hide our boys’ Christmas presents in our bedroom closet in a big blue bag. The other day, our five year old “Lucky” came down the stairs and found his daddy in the kitchen.

Lucky: “Daddy, can I look in the bag in your closet?”
Daddy : “no.”
Lucky: “please?”
Daddy: “no.”
Lucky: “I will give you one million hugs and kisses!”
Daddy: “no.”
Lucky: “well…it’s too late.”

If I stop to think about it, I bet I could have a variation of this conversation with God about 20 times a day.

“Can I be jealous of my friend’s pool?”
“Can I still be angry at someone who was mean to me 10 years ago?”
“Can I only be grateful when I get exactly what I think I want?”
“Can I be lazy and selfish and think mean thoughts about strangers on the street?”

“No? Well…it’s too late.”

I am glad that Lucky decided that it was safe to confess to giving into the temptation of a full present bag. He was instantly forgiven. I am so grateful that God gives us that same opportunity. It is safe to confess and we are instantly forgiven. What a gift!
Acts 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment